Clients include AlphaMedica, Inc.; American Academy of HIV Medicine; American Cancer Society; American Medical Writers Association; American Society of Neuroradiology; Chelsea House Publishers; Duke Clinical Research Institute; Duke Fuqua School of Business; EnablEd, LLC; FHI; GlaxoSmithKline; Journal of Clinical Orthodontics; Maquet/Datascope Corp.; McMurry, Inc.; Meeting Demands, LLC; Medical Economics, Inc.; Mosby, Inc. (now Elsevier); Peloton Advantage; Quantum Medical Communications; Regado Biosciences, Inc.; Rete Biomedical Communications; sanofi-aventis; St. Renatus, LLC; Symbiotix, Inc.; Thomson Interphase; UNC School of Dentistry; U.S. EPA; and physicians, researchers, and other clients around the world.
|Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham NC||
Editor; Sr. Editor; Clinical Research Communications Specialist III; Web Development Project Manager; Manager, START Team. In addition to writing and editing various materials, also developed a manuscript-tracking database, taught writing classes, and supervised writers/editors and support staff.
|ASTRA USA, Inc. (now AstraZeneca), Westborough MA||
Project Assistant. Wrote/edited sections of NDAs: Nonclinical Pharmacology/Toxicology, Microbiology, clinical trial summaries, ISE/ISS, Risk/Benefit Assessments. Wrote package inserts, Investigator’s Brochures, protocols, CRFs, consent forms. Developed literature database on AIDS, antiviral drugs, and herpes viruses. Monitored Phase I, II trials. Developed/managed expanded-access program; supervised staff on project.
- American Medical Writers Association member since 1992: Carolinas chapter newsletter editor 2005–2007, Web boss 2005–2008
- Council of Science Editors member since 1994; book reviewer for Science Editor (CSE's journal)
- Editorial Freelancers Association member since 2008
- Freelancers Union member since 2007
- Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- OpenOffice: Writer, Calc, Draw, Impress, Base
- HTML editor: Dreamweaver
- Citation applications: Zotero, Reference Manager, EndNotes
- Other: Acrobat Professional
- Internet: various search engines and browsers, Medline, PubMed